Outside Video Fellow
Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+.
Outside is accepting applications for a multitalented video fellow to its growing online video team. The fellowship is a six-month, paid position in Santa Fe, New Mexico. The ideal candidate will have some video production experience, plus an understanding of the type of video the Outside audience craves. The primary daily responsibility will be leading video aggregation efforts.
- Manage daily video curation/aggregation
- Write engaging video headlines and descriptions
- Help maintain Outside’s YouTube and Vimeo channels
- Aid in original-video production for Outside Online
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite
- Experience working in online video platforms (like Ooyala, YouTube, and Vimeo)
- Some experience working in a Content Management System (we use Drupal)
- Video editing experience a plus
- Video field production skills a plus
- A good eye for photography is also a plus
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written, are of the utmost importance
- Enthusiasm, a love of the outdoors and a passion for great storytelling are all essential; as is an understanding of the Outside brand
The ideal candidate will have a great eye for engaging video content, plus a solid working knowledge of big-name video producers and content creators in the Outside world. If you’re interested, please email your resume and cover letter, along with relevant work samples/demo reels to Bryan Rogala at email@example.com with “Video Fellow” in the subject line. Applications are accepted on a rolling basis throughout the year.