Skiers Sickened After Visiting Resort

Authorities suspect norovirus

Adam Roy

Authorities are investigating a ski resort in Arizona after a group of visitors came down with what is believed to be norovirus. The skiers, who have not been identified, became ill after taking a trip to Sunrise Park Resort in Greer, Arizona, on the weekend of February 23. The virus, which is extremely contagious, is spread through fecal contamination in food or water, and causes unpleasant gastrointestinal symptoms.

The resort, which is owned by the White Mountain Apache tribe, is currently cooperating with federal, state, county, and tribal authorities to determine the source of the infection.