The Fellowship of the Wings
Red Bull marketing copy or Lord of the Rings?
For exclusive access to all of our fitness, gear, adventure, and travel stories, plus discounts on trips, events, and gear, sign up for Outside+ today.
On April 12, some 200 skiers and snowboarders will descend on Norway for the Red Bull Ragnarok, a 60-mile snow-kiting competition across the Hardangervidda Plateau. To promote it, Red Bull apparently hired Gandalf to write the marketing copy: “Once again, heroes will gather in the north to fight an epic battle.” See if you can pick out the company’s other event taglines from actual Lord of the Rings quotes.
Red Bull or Lord of the Rings?
1. “It’s something that comes from within. It’s all about passion and the spirit.”
2. “It’s dirty and it’s hard and makes grown men cry.”
3. “At the heart of civilization, an incomparable adventure lies in store for a few daring heroes.”
4. “We must take a hard road, a road unforeseen.”
5. “A place filled with nooks where you find the goblin.”
1. Red Bull Go Kart Racing
2. Red Bull Romaniacs
3. Red Bull X Alps
4. The Fellowship of the Ring
5. Red Bull Flamenco Flatland (translated from the Spanish)