The Top 5 Things To Do in Steamboat
I recently got back from an epic weekend in Steamboat. I stayed at the swanky One Steamboat Place, a brand new ski-in/ski-out residence, located just steps from the gondola. The spacious yet cozy “gathering room” was a major treat–a great spot to either hang with your buds before a run or relax fireside with a glass of vino after a long day out. While there's no shortage of adventures in Steamboat, I narrowed the list down to five things you should definitely check out this winter.
5. Chill with Former Olympians: They're all over the place. I had a blast with Brendan Doran and Randy Weber, Olympic ski jumpers in the '98 Nagano Olympics, at the 97th Annual Winter Carnival Night Show at Howelsen Hill.
4. Get down with the locals: There's awesome live music and plenty to drink at the Ghost Ranch Saloon–don't miss it.
3. Say mush: Go dog sledding at Grizzle-T Dog & Sled Works. This is the only outfit in town that allows you to drive the sleds on your own. I learned to drive a team of huskies along a beautiful, scenic backcountry trail.
2. Bliss out: Soak your muscles after a long day of snowboarding or skiing at the relaxing Strawberry Park Hot Springs.
1. Score some powder: I got to snowboard some killer groomed runs with former downhill Olympic ski racer Chad Fleischer (I know, again with the Olympians. It's like I said). I had the privilege of getting pulled through an awesome powder meadow (check out the photo above) by Fleischer himself.