The World’s Best Airports
Singapore Changi Airport Takes Gold
Outside's long reads email newsletter features our strongest writing, most ambitious reporting, and award-winning storytelling about the outdoors. Sign up today.
Singapore’s Changi Airport has a swimming pool, an on-site movie theater, trails, and a butterfly garden to entertain the kids during those especially stressful layovers. So it’s no surprise that for the second year in a row, Changi has been named the world’s best airport.
The World Airport Awards are based on surveys conducted by Skytrax, an international travel research firm, which polled 12.85 million passengers across 110 nationalities about 395 airports worldwide, CNN reports.
Incheon International Airport in South Korea took second place, with its elaborate “Korean Cultural Street” —a strip of buildings complete with traditional constructions such as a giwa (tiled roof) and jeongjas (pavilions).
Here’s the complete top ten list:
- Singapore Changi Airport
- Incheon International Airport (South Korea)
- Munich Airport (Germany)
- Hong Kong International Airport
- Amsterdam Schiphol Airport
- Tokyo International Airport (Haneda)
- Beijing Capital International Airport
- Zurich Airport (Switzerland)
- Vancouver International Airport (Canada)
- London Heathrow Airport (England)