LaCie Introduces XtremKey, World’s Toughest USB Drive
Get full access to Outside Learn, our online education hub featuring in-depth fitness, nutrition, and adventure courses and more than 2,000 instructional videos when you sign up for Outside+.
One week ago, digital storage company, LaCie, introducedwhat it calls “The World’s Most Adventurous USB Flash Drive.”
To back up this claim, LaCie provides some stats:
• Made of zamac, a metal alloy composed of of zinc, aluminum, magnesium and copper that’s so strong, it can withstand the pressure of a10-ton truck
• Watertight up to 100 meters
• Resistant to five meter drops
• Holds up in temperatures ranging from -50 to 200 degreesCelsius (-58 to 392 degrees Fahrenheit)
• Comes in capacities ranging from 8GB to 64GB and pricesranging from $50 to $250, Vagabondish reports.
Think you could destroy it?