Heading out the door? Read this article on the new Outside+ app available now on iOS devices for members! Download the app.
In this pizza inspired by the classic Greek meal, creamy yogurt with dill and garlic stands in for tomato sauce, while a lightly browned phyllo topping adds both crispiness and flavor. Use the pizza crust of your choice—we like Banza’s chickpea crust, which comes in packs of two smaller crusts. If your crust is less than 12 inches, divide the toppings evenly between two crusts and follow the directions as listed. The phyllo dough, though optional here, adds a nice texture and crunch, so don’t skip it. We like a whole wheat or spelt version if you can find it, but regular also works well.
- Olive oil cooking spray
- 10 oz baby spinach (about 12 cups lightly packed)
- Sea salt and fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- ¾ cup 2% plain Greek yogurt
- 3 Tbsp. chopped fresh dill
- 2 green onions, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, microplaned
- 1 12-inch pizza crust, or 2 smaller
- ¼ red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 cup cooked and cooled shredded boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 1 cup shredded reduced-fat mozzarella cheese
- ½ cup crumbled reduced-fat feta cheese
- 1 sheet frozen phyllo, thawed, optional
1. Arrange oven rack in bottom third of oven; preheat to 425°F.
2. Mist a large nonstick skillet with cooking spray and heat on medium-high. Add spinach and cook, stirring frequently, until just wilted, about 4 minutes. Season with salt and pepper, then transfer to a plate and cool to room temperature.
3. Meanwhile, prepare yogurt sauce: In a small bowl, combine yogurt, dill, green onions, and garlic. Season with salt and pepper.
4. Spread yogurt sauce evenly over crust. Top with spinach, red onion, chicken, mozzarella, and feta. Mist phyllo (if using) with cooking spray, tear into 3-inch pieces, scrunch into balls, and arrange over top of pizza. Bake until crust and phyllo (if using) are golden, about 15 minutes.