Run the Signature Boulder Marathon
Join thousands of runners from 48 states and four countries at Colorado's largest fall running weekend, with Boulderthon’s signature finish and post-race party on the Pearl St Mall. New in 2022: a 10K and Kids Run.
Running is the heartbeat of Boulder — one of the three hallmark recreational activities of our community (along with cycling and hiking, of course).
Together, we run the streets & trails of Boulder, and serve as one of the great training grounds for Olympians, world-class athletes, and leisure runners alike. We are so grateful & proud to have the world’s best 10k — but despite running being hardwired into Boulder’s DNA — we have no signature city marathon.
This was the question we asked everyone — and we couldn’t find out why.
In one of the great health meccas of the U.S., rated one of the healthiest, happiest cities in the country, we couldn’t find a premier long-distance marathon.
After years in the making and the opportunity to acquire a 19-year-old race series, the Boulder Backroads Marathon & Half Marathon, we knew the time was now. As residents of Boulder County and local business owners, our goal from day 1 has been to create an inspiring, community-driven marathon series to serve as the premier fall race in the state. We decided to create the epic, downtown marathon race the beautiful city and community of Boulder deserves.
Boulderthon was born.
Experience the only course to combine scenic views of the foothills and the first-ever finish line on the bricks of the iconic Pearl Street Mall.
- The race begins at the Boulder Reservoir and provides sweeping views of the Flatirons before an exciting finish for the first & only finish on the bricks of Pearl Street mall.
- Spectators can enjoy the race from family friendly, popular local establishments.
- Despite the city’s high altitude, the race is fairly flat overall making it a great event for beginning marathoners and elite athletes alike who are looking to challenge themselves.
- The race is a qualifier for the Boston Marathon.
Race in one of the happiest cities in the U.S. – a mecca where wellness, outdoor and health enthusiasts unite under nearly 300 days of sunshine a year.
- Race where Olympians train in an authentic and approachable community. Experience racing in one of the top running communities in the U.S.
- The signature city marathon Boulder deserves! This is Boulder’s first-ever premier marathon race series.
- It’s about more than the race. Boulder is a destination town like no other with access to the Rocky Mountains, and a community of laid-back outdoor enthusiasts and passionate wellness advocates.
An experience you’ll never forget – and history won’t either. Run an inaugural race in an unforgettable place.
- Run Boulder’s premier marathon and reserve your place in history – limited space available for our second year
- 95 percent of runners recommend Boulderthon to their friends, with the #1 reason being Downtown Finish & Course Views
“Spectacular” – Denver Post
“Epic” – 13point1
“Quintessentially Boulder… striking views… finishes on the bricks of the Pearl St Mall” – 5280
“Best Colorado Races” – The Know
October 8-9, 2022