Whether you're surfing or simply sitting on the deck, we've got you covered.
Heading out the door? Read this article on the new Outside+ app available now on iOS devices for members! Download the app.
1. Nautica‘s cotton Blue Striped Deck Shirt is perfect for Nantucketor New York City. $60; nautica.com
2. Eddie Bauer‘s Legend Wash Striped Field Polo is cut from an especially sturdy and soft cotton. $35; eddie-bauer.com
3. A crisp, clean shirt like Polo by Ralph Lauren‘s Classic-Fit Button-Down is always a safe bet. $85; ralphlauren.com
4. Some guys can wear pink. And some can’t. For the former, we recommend Izod‘s Short Sleeve Double Bar Polo. $50; izod.com
5. Levi‘s western-influenced, short-sleeve, poly-cotton Striped Shirt has a small graphic on the back that lends a touch of style. $42; levis.com
6. Too much neon is too much. But Quiksilver‘s eighties-inspired Chopping Block has just the right amount. $45; quiksilver.com
1. Neither simple nor fancy, OP‘s Plaid Print Boardshorts are perfectly balanced and well priced. $17; op.com
2. A textured fabric nixes chafe and allows Quiksilver‘s Reflex Boardshorts to dry almost twice as fast as the other models here. $65; quiksilver.com
3. Bark‘s Guard has a zippered front pocket that’s just big enough for a credit card and keys. $58; bark-ocean.com
4. Hurley‘s ultra-stretchy Phantom Kings Road boardshorts up your mobility while minimizing chafe on your board. $59; hurley.com
5. A belt of fabric around the waistband of Body Glove‘s Dubble Oh prevents, uh, cracking. $55; bodyglove.com
6. No more stashing your keys: A loop in the side pocket of Patagonia‘s Wavefarer boardshorts lets you hang on to them. $55; patagonia.com