No-Bake Cranberry Oat Energy Bites
Heading out the door? Read this article on the new Outside+ app available now on iOS devices for members! Download the app.
This easy, no-bake snack is made with natural sweeteners, healthy fats, and whole proteins. We recommend using nut butters with little to no additives, like Crazy Richard’s, Justin’s, and 365 by Whole Foods.
- ½ cup creamy nut butter
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- ⅔ cup toasted shredded coconut (sweetened or unsweetened)
- 1 cup old-fashioned oats
- ¼ cup ground flaxseed
- ½ cup dried unsweetened cranberries or cherries
1. In a large bowl, stir together the warm nut butter, vanilla extract, and honey until thoroughly combined. Stir in the shredded coconut and oats until mixture comes together. Fold in the dried cranberries or cherries. (Alternatively, you can pulse the mixture in a food processor, just don’t overdo it.)
2. Using your hands, form dough firmly into 1- to 1.5-inch balls or use a small ice cream scoop. If the balls aren’t sticking together, chill the oat mixture for about 30 minutes to make it easier to roll and handle.
3. Enjoy immediately or refrigerate in a sealed container for up to 1 week, or freeze for up to 3 months.
Tip: You could replace the cranberries or cherries with mini dark chocolate chips—or do half and half.
- Serving Size 20 energy bites